January 20, 2014 All Day
405 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
The Annual Stem Cell Symposium at UCLA features leading national and international scientists who are experts in the field of stem cell science and regenerative medicine. The Symposium is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is required.
The 10th Annual Stem Cell Symposium “Cancer, Stem Cells & the Immune Response” will be held Friday, January 31, 2014 at DeNeve Auditorium on the UCLA campus.
The 2014 conference will be honoring Dr. Owen Witte (Director, Broad Stem Cell Research Center), for his significant contributions to stem cell research and the scientific community.
Featured Speakers include:
- David Baltimore, PhD (California Institute of Technology)
- Sanaz Memarzadeh, MD, PhD (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Ann Marie Pendergast, PhD (Duke University)
- Caius G. Radu, MD (University of California, Los Angeles)
- David J. Rawlings, MD (University of Washington)
- Charles L. Sawyers, MD (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Inder M. Verma, PhD (Salk Institute)
- Irving L. Weissman, MD (Stanford University)
Presented by the Eli & Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Research the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, and in cooperation with UCLA Extension School.
The past nine annual conferences have encompassed Molecular Biology and Therapeutics of Stem Cells (2005), Cancer Stem Cells (2006), Developmental Biology and Stem Cells (2007), Stem Cell Regulation and Reprogramming (2008), Stem Cells: From Pluripotency to Tissue Regeneration (2009), Stem Cells and Development: From the Lab to the Clinic (2010), Stem Cells: Basic Biology to Translational Medicine (2011), Stem Cells and Cancer: Shared Paths, Different Destinations (2012) and Stem Cell Pathways to the Clinic (2013).